This item first appeared in our morning newsletter, which is delivered Monday through Saturday to more than 7,000 smart subscribers in the Charlotte area. You can become one of them.
Charlotte voters will consider a $226 million bond package when they cast ballots this fall.
The “Vote Yes for City Bonds” campaign officially kicked off yesterday.
The 2022 bond package consists of three issues:
Stay informed with news and events that impact Charlotte’s Black communities.
- $146.2 million for streets
- $50 million for housing
- $29.8 million for neighborhoods
You can learn more here about what’s included in each of those categories.
The Charlotte Regional Business Alliance is managing the “Vote Yes” campaign, with funding from the Coalition for a Better 2050.
The campaign’s three co-chairs are:
- Rai Glover, Charlotte market president for Truist Financial
- Kerr Putney, former CMPD chief and now chief community and government relations officer at CPI Security
- Ali Summerville, business administration executive of Ally Financial.